In our efforts to continue focusing on what’s ethically correct, we also thought it was time to do an in-depth evaluation of all the non-dairy milk options out there as there are so many new ones, and while the demand is increasing worldwide there are some negatives both health wise and environmentally.
Here at RAW we have made the decision to switch to a beautiful new Oat milk. It is far superior in taste to the other options, blends nicely with the coffee and has a lovey silky texture.
We know change is sometimes hard, so we thought we might also share with you some facts that we considered, other than the superior taste, when we made our decision:
- 80% of the worlds Almonds are grown in drought-stricken California, where the main issues associated with production are high water use and high pesticide use
- Fungicides and insecticides are commonly used on almond trees when they are in flower and are very harmful to bees, who are essential to the pollination of Almond trees
- The majority of Almond trees require cross pollination, when the bee travels from one tree to another and pollinates the almond blossom, the fertilized flower will then become an almond
- Bees pollinate approximately $15 billion worth of crops annually. New data shows that bees are dying in record numbers in the US and Brazil, with 40% of bee colonies dying in 2018.
- Soya beans are often farmed on large scale deforested areas particularly, in the Amazon and Central Americas
- A main ingredient found in Soya is isoflavones, which acts like estrogen in the body. It is known that estrogen increases the risk of Breast Cancer
- 90% of Soya beans grown in the USA have been genetically modified
- Most Soya bean crops have been sprayed with Glyphosate which is a known carcinogen.
Our new Oat Milk is All Good Oat milk:
- Is natural and made from oats
- Suitable for Vegans and vegetarians
- Does not contain any preservatives, sugar or stabilizers
- Once opened refrigerate and consume within 7 days
- Manufactured in Sweden but designed in NZ, and formulated especially for coffee
We really hope you appreciate this direction we are taking and welcome your feedback ~ firstname.lastname@example.org